Wednesday 2 March 2011

OLW 42 - I've got the music in me

Jennifer set this music-themed challenge for a one-layer card (OLC) and I just couldn't resist doing it...even though I'm running out of time!

This bird with notes was my first idea. Notes are SU roller stamp, rolled over the card with a circle mask. Then I created a black rim around it with the idea of stamping the bird over a smaller circle mask. I tried this a couple of times and failed! In the end, I stamped the bird separately and mounted over the circle. Not an OLC but too good to throw away, IMO.

I changed tack completely and went for different stamps and sentiment altogether. The theme of laughter as music is very different from all the other entries so far. I thought, why not? Get it out there. :-)

stamps:
G-clef (very old Inkadinkadoo rubber stamp), Laugther (Clear Dollar Stamps), Laugh often (?). Actually the laugh often was stamped separately as the stamp itself reads "Live well, laugh often, love much" but, given the theme, I trimmed the others off

inks:
Versafine Black and red, Stampin up Basic black marker

I think this design and colours are reminiscent of Broadway posters. Don't you think?



I liked the mix of stamps so much that I made a couple more and played a little with the design.  OLC can be so challenging!!!! Anyway, here's another one with often on the other side. I actually think it makes the G-clef look like an S so you read it as Laugh Soften or Laughs often. Though I like this more visually, I don't like the effect on reading the sentiment.

Which do you like better?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, nice work. I really liked the first one with the bird. Of course I am inspired, but I don't have my own craft room and a very small apartment, so all my precious craft stuff is in boxes :(. I hope I get to do some art work done soon as well, in the mean time I am going to look at your stuff and enjoy!
    Best regards
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these cards are just great! I too especially like the one with the bird.

    Awesome job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW42!

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!