Tuesday 1 March 2011

PDCC #70 - Yummy colours

When I saw this Play Date Cafe Challenge (#70), I knew exactly which stamp to use and what to colour it in with.

I've had the Stamp-It gecko stamp for ages. It's spots inspired all the dots, circles and spots used on the card. I also wanted to use my Twinkling H2Os which have been lying in wait for far too long.

Actually, I coloured it in with Tim Holtz distressing inks sprayed with Perfect Pearls mist, but wasn't happy so went back to the original plan. I think the Twinkling H2Os are just perfect in intensity and shimmer. I still used the distressing inks for the foreground frame, background AND, AND, AND the ribbon. I used the entire 'dyed' length as the colours are just soooo fun - unfortunately, organza is too thin to really show off the colours. Ahh well.

Here's the card.


I have to admit, cutting around the gecko was rather tricky. I'm not really good at cutting out so I tend to avoid it. But then, I wanted to make the gecko pop, literally out of the window, so cut I did.

Inks: TH Broken Sky, Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters, Versafine Black

H2Os: Mediterranean blue, Lemongrass, Dreamsicle (orange)

Background stamp from Stampin Up (retired). Embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I also put some Glossy Accents on the eyes.

Not the best photo but it does show the shimmer a bit better. Look at those doleful eyes. If only geckos are this cute in real life. :-)

5 comments:

  1. how cute is that gecko Malyn! I love that you went to the extra trouble of cutting him out - makes him so much more life like! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an uber cute card, Malyn! Fabulous embossing and distressing! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! I love all the texture and the fun play on colors! the gecko is adorable!! Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! Like how you have kept your design to circles, really good idea. Very cute gecko :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH! I love how you used the ink for the embosing--and that super cute gecko is soooo FUN! Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!