Wednesday 4 May 2011

Medallion stamp

I really like the Medallion background stamp from Stampin Up. Certainly good as a background but awesome as a feature or focus.  Here's a card using it and I'm posting here to share a quick technique as well as for posterity as this card will be given away (I know, shouldn't all cards be?)  It's not even for a challenge!

stamps: Medallion, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
inks: Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake
Textured Impression embossing folder: Square Lattice




Focal point


Quick how-to:

  1. Ink up medallion stamp in Crumb Cake
  2. Sponge the edges and the middle with Baja Breeze
  3. Stamp. As this was a big stamp, I had it upside down and pressed my cardstock on it.  It's easier for positioning and handling purposes.
As the tones of the inks are fairly similar, I guess you can swap (1) and (2), i.e. ink with Baja Breeze first and sponge with Crumb Cake. It might be fun to add more colours as well...why stop at 2-tone.

a few more deets...

I intended to use a ribbon but the Marina Mist ribbon looked too dark so I went for the paper 'ribbon' and even stamped the sentiment on it. If you only ever buy one sentiment set, let it be Teeny Tiny Sentiments from Stampin Up; very handy and will see you through most (all?) occasions.


attribution....

The idea came from Michelle Dyson who used River Rock and Basic Black combo on a square card.

Have a go and possibly link back here so I can see what you've done. Of course, you don't have to use the medallion stamp for this 2(or more)-tone stamping. And why stop at cards, do it on scrapbook and OTP projects as well. What combo would you do? 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ! Love the two tone stamping what a perfect effect and so well executed.

    Marie

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malyn,
    I love what you have done with this stamp. I especially love the little brad in the centre that really brings out the Baja Breeze. A xx

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!