Wednesday 29 June 2011

CFC #8 - Getting Edgy in Pink

CAS-ual Friday Challenge #8 is to get creative with edges, e.g. use border punch/dies, tearing etc. How fun is that?  I knew exactly which die to use; it was just getting 'round to doing it!  I'm also entering this to The Sumer of Color - Pink; in the middle of winter here in Australia!

Here it is:


It's going to be to a gorgeous 10-yr old girl.

The deets - all produccts from Stampin Up, except for the border die (Tim Holtz)

inks: Blushing Bride, Regal Rose
Stamps: Punch Bunch (owl), Medallion
Punches: 2-step owl, 1 3/4" scallop (wings)
DSP and Cardstock from SU

I've never done pennant banners before and I think it's the perfect thing to 'lift' the card.  Doesn't it just look joyful? Well, it does to me.  DSP used was just from scrap and it's amazing what a little bit can do.

Quick Technique/Tip to get matching twine: (sorry, can't remember where I got this from but it's not exactly rocket science so will not worry too much about attribution here)

  1. Get some plain white twine.
  2. Run it over the stamp pad, with a paddle pop stick (or plastic ruler) to keep it down 
  3. Turn twine and keep running through until inked up as desired
Super-easy. Super-quick. Perfect match!

Note: if you use a clean plastic ruler, you can excess ink on the pad again, wipe it dry with a rag and you have less waste. How green is that? ;)

In the spirit of sharing, here's a farewell card I made. It's going to be from the whole IT department (where I belong) so there's lots of owls. Fun.
This card is a big A5 size.  I also put in a piece of copy paper, attached via a rustic twine to give plenty of room to write well wishes.  I also popped a few owls using dimensionals.  I had the owl punch and stamp out from above so the it just kinda flowed on to this.  Yet, how different do they look?

Cheers,
Malyn

15 comments:

  1. I love owls; your pink one is so sweet~ I mean edgy ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, these are so great! I love the different effects you can achieve with one image (the cutest owl ;) and your pink card is just perfect - I know it will be loved, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet in pink!! Love the banner detail...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!!! Love all the pink and the owl is just precious! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. versatile owl - love the banner on the pink one - so festive

    ReplyDelete
  6. gee...these are fabulous...love what you did with both of these cards...beautiful...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card and so diverse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic sweet card! I love it when I see things that make me smile, and your card did it!
    Thanks!!!
    I have never been a huge fan of owls, but let me tell you that these are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute Malyn! I love the pink owl!
    have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww I love that pink owl! Great card :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love all your cards Malyn. Love the farewell card and the pink Owl - absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwww adorable work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at all that pinky goodness! Love the medallion behind that owl. Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! Love how you used the scallop circle punch for the owl's wings. VERY clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute cards. I love the owls.

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!