Tuesday 14 June 2011

The (Northern) Summer of Colour - Blue

I just discovered another 'challenge' (oh no, and here I am already running out of time for this week's LIMette challenge). Anyway, it's called The Summer of Colour over at Twinkle, Twinkle and this week's challenge is blue.

It's not summer here in Australia (winter, in fact) but the idea of a 10-week challenge with a colour focus and encouragement to do mixed media...well, I'm in.  I'll try anyway.  It'll keep me going with some of the 3D or OTP projects I've been meaning to do.

'nuff prologue indeed. Here's my project, a clipboard that will soon be given as a birthday present to a friend who happens to be a teacher (yes, her name starts with A):


Ok, this isn't strictly blue but the the accent colour definitely is.  The ink is Tempting Turquoise from Stampin Up and it's such a lovely bright aqua colour which my friend likes. Ha! you say, no wonder she did the challenge.
:-)

All the stamps are from Stampin Up as well: Medallion background, Big Deal Alphabet (retired) and Cottage Garden.

The pen has been wrapped in Decorative Packing Tape (a new experimental acquisition).  The pen was already blue but wrapping it in tape gave it extra blue hues. Love it!

It would have been great to have a hole on the top of the clip. Instead, I've had to attach the ribbons on the back - lots of blues there and a touch of green, just because; well actually, my fave colour - a touch of me on a gift for a friend, geddit? :)

Getting too chatty here so best sign off and go visiting this new-found crafting community.

Before I end, though, here's a shout out to CraftAttack (Valerie) over at Bastelmania.  I had to investigate the recent spike in my stats and the site that managed to push out Simply Less is More as my top referring site by a huge margin...that's no mean feat.  Head over to her blog and you'll see why, i.e. she has a lot of visitors because she is a fabulous crafter.  I am honoured to be in her Blog list. THANK YOU!!!

It was there I learned of this new challenge as well. That's thank you again.  And it's there that I see it is possible to combine being CAS and a collage diva.  Thank you x3.  Of course, I'm no diva (yet). :)

10 comments:

  1. This is great...I love the says..myfav colour at the mo...this Willie a useful thing too and so pretty...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops..I amhopeless on my phone type pad...I meant will be useful...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, what a lovely present to give to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome! Thanks for the shout out! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you found us and are sharing this beautiful present on The Summer of Color! Your altered clipboard is JUST stunning - I love the colors and the stamping and beautiful detail - I'm sure it will be a treasured gift. Looking forward to more, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful clip board! love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely, thoughtful gift! She will love it~
    I love turquoise~ Hope she appreciates your special touches~

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!