Sunday 26 June 2011

PDCC 87 - Thank you PDCC DT gals

I won the PDCC cup a few weeks ago for which I got some fantastic stamps from the PDCC team and Stepping Stones Design.  I figured, using them for a PDCC challenge would be a great way to say thank you.

Here's my PDCC 87 challenge entry. This week's suggested colors are....

Slate Blue...Barn Red...Grey


This is really for all you wonderful people behind the PDCC - Thank you. Thank you for my win. Thank you for your fun challenges. Thank you for your inspiring work and friendly blog visits and comments. Thank you with all my heart.



The deets:

ink: Stampin Up  Basic Gray, Real Red, Not Quite Navy
Stamps: Stepping Stones Design 
other: SU Smooch Spritz in Silver, spica pen - clear, SU rhinestones
punch: SU heart

I found the SU Gray too dark so I stamped off before stamping onto that paper ribbon - much better I reckon.  I also had a lot of problem with the smooch spritz; I don't use it often so had trouble controlling the spray.  This is the 3rd card and I figured it's probably good enough - not quite the "shape" I had in mind but near enough.  Once I got started with the sparklies, I couldn't stop and so had to put a touch of spica and rhinestones on the butterfly...just for fun. ;)

For the focus heart, I stamped the butterfly on in blue before punching out (heart). Then I just sponged on red all around it.  I stamped and cut out another butterfly and only adhered the middle bit for extra lift and dimension.

Anyway, to all you wonderful gals at PDCC 
- including its talented community of challenge participants - 
thank you.

This card's for you.

3 comments:

  1. You are so SWEET Malyn!!!LOVE this card using the latest PDCC colours, so creative and CAS!!! Thanks so much for joining us again at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! THanks for gushing over us at THe Play Date CAfe, Malyn! We are delighted to have you play with us. You always have something fresh and neat to share with everyone. Love this subdued CAS card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet! But, the credit goes to our players too - they make the PDCC a success and especially when they have creations like yours. This is so fabby! I love that spray behind the heart. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Your visit and comments are most appreciated. Cheers!